After a fun ball game and lots of exercise these kids are ready to chow down. My recipe is a home run with your players and they'll eat up the healthier, ground turkey version! Get the napkins and Play Ball!
Makes 16 slider sandwiches
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup of peeled & seeded chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup of no salt added ketchup
- 6 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons of prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- 16 Slider Hamburger Rolls
Makes 16 slider Sloppy Joes and 8 Happy Sloppy Faces!
- In a nonstick skillet, cook and stir ground turkey, onion, pepper and tomato over medium heat until turkey is cooked, about 5 minutes. Stir in all the other ingredients, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate skillet, butter inside of slider rolls and grill lightly until crispy, set aside.