Butternut Panzanella Salad!
January 2, 2017
Looking for something new and delicious to try? Try this easy butternut panzanella salad! You won't be disappointed!
- 4 cups of butternut squash (cubes, peeled, and seeded)
- 5 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of drained capers
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- Ground black pepper
- 4 cups cubes of baquette or other crusty bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 4 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- Queso fresco or feta cheese
- In a bowl, toss together squash, capers, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the oil, pepper, and garlic.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and back-30 minutes while tossing occasionally.
- In another bowl toss together bread, sage, salt, and 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil.
- Transfer to another baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes while tossing halfway through.
- Set both baking sheets aside when done.
- In another bowl whisk together zest, remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, salt, vinegar, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Add the lettuce, squash, onions, bread and toss everything together gently.
- Transfer to plats, top with cheese.