Nick & Kristen's Skillet Chicken with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce!
January 4, 2017
Thinking of what to make for dinner?! Try this skillet chicken with tomato basil cream sauce! It's absolutely delicious and sure to be a huge hit!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomato basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of diced red onions
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley or basil
- Pound down the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch thickness using a mallet.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup or small bowl, combine the pesto, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and the garlic. Stir.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and allow to brown on both sides 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Reduce the flame to medium, add the onions to the skillet to allow to cook for 1 minutes.
- Let the sauce reduce for about 8-10 minutes or until about 1/3 or the sauce remains.
- When the sauce has thickened, remove from the flame, add the butter and whisk until it is completely melted.
- Add the heavy cream-whisk to combine.
- Place the skillet back onto the flame for just 30 seconds.
- Do not allow the sauce to boil.
- Remove from heat, and add the chicken back into the pan and drizzle sauce over chicken.
- Add the capers.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley or basil.