Glazed Salmon with....wait for it....Bourbon?!
GLAZED SALMON with BOURBON
This recipe will win over the fussiest eaters. Full of omega 3 fatty acids and low sodium make it a healthy choice for the New Year!
· 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
· 3 tablespoons bourbon
· 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
· Juice from 1/2 lime
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 4 (6-ounce) skinless wild salmon fillets
· Canola cooking spray
· 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
· 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Combine brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, ginger, lime garlic and black pepper in a large bowl. Add fish, cover and put in the refrigerator to marinate for 90 minutes, turning 2 times.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, coat pan with cooking spray and add fish. Cook on each side for 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place 1 fillet on each plate and drizzle with sauce from the pan. Sprinkle with scallsions and sesame seeds and serve.